Bento Fundraiser AND film screening July 8
Sycamore Church will be selling two kinds of bento boxes, chicken or mirin salmon plus broccoli for $15. This INCLUDES the showing of the film, “And Then They Came for Us”. Rev. Deborah Lee, Executive Director of the Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity, will draw parallels between the Japanese American experience during WW-II and today. Please pre-order by July 4 by emailing the church office at email@example.com or calling 510-525-0727. This helps our professional chef, Mark Endo, and staff prepare. We’ll have a few extras for those making last-minute decisions. Please help us publicize this fundraiser for our church widely.
(Notes: we are not providing child-size portions. There will also be sides, such as salad available separately.)
Delicious Tonkatsu fundraiser June 2&3
Sycamore is offering a delicious tonkatsu bento box, prepared by Chef Mark Endo, Chris Aptaker, and friends. Please order by May 30th by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Each bento box is $10 and there will be a number of side dishes as well to fill out your meal.
Annual Rummage Sale Coming Up!
We will have our Rummage Sale on May 19, starting at 9 am and visitors tell us it is one of the largest and best organized in town. We are collecting donations until May 17 and are also looking for additional volunteers. Click here for more of information and here for a list of items we accept and don’t accept.
Bible Day Camp/Soccer Day Camp Registration Begins
Sycamore Church will offer Bible Day Camp and Soccer Camp July 16-20 this year. Please share the word with family and friends. Here’s the registration form. Please download, print, and mail to the church office. Thanks!
Join Us for Palm Sunday, Holy Week, and Easter
- Palm Sunday: a reenactment of Jesus’s triumphant entry into Jerusalem on Sunday, March 25 at 9:45 am (early!).
- Bilingual Maundy Thursday Service, including food/handwashing, soup and bread, and remembering Jesus’s last meal with his disciples on Thursday, March 29 at 6:30pm
- Bilingual Good Friday Service at Sycamore on Friday, March 30 at 7 pm. On “God’s Friday” God’s love wrapped itself around Jesus, even as he was crucified. Go “deep” this day so that the heights of your joy Easter may be even higher.
- Pancake Breakfast, Easter Sunday, April 1, starting at 8:00, followed by sale of crafts from the Women’s Fellowship and kurimanju (yay!) from Fujinkai. The Praise Hula Group will perform during our bilingual service at 11. Invite your friends!
- There will be an Easter Egg Hunt about noon after the worship service.
From hearts of stone to hearts of flesh
Join us Sundays, March 11 and 18 at 9:30 am downstairs for a discussion of our text from Ezekiel 36:26,
“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” Lent is a great time to let go of burdens and seek a new and right spirit. Come and join us as we explore this text and its meaning for our lives.